PM requests support for Vietnamese tourists attacked in Egypt
13:01 | 29/12/2018
VGP – PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc on Saturday tasked the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to take necessary measures to protect Vietnamese holidaymakers and coordinate with Egyptian side to support the tourists’ families.

Earlier on December 28, four people including three Vietnamese tourists were killed and at least 10 others injured when a roadside bomb blast hit their tour bus less than 4km from Egypt’s world-famous Giza pyramids, according to Foreign Ministry’s Spokesperson Le Thi Thu Hang.

Viet Nam strongly condemned the terrorist attack and asked the Egyptian side to quickly launch investigation into incident, Hang said.

Viet Nam also appreciated cooperation of the Government an people of Egypt in offering medical treatment and protection efforts for the Vietnamese tourists.

Right after the incident occurred, Egypt’s authorized officials brought the victims to El-Haram hospital in Giza province.

Vietnamese Ambassador Tran Thanh Cong visited the wounded victims at the hospital, and worked with local officials, including Tourism Minister Rania Al-Mashat and Health Minister Hala Zayed, to seek solutions to the case.

Egypt’s Prime Minister, Mostafa Madbouly, told media from Al Haram hospital that the bus had taken an unexpected route.

“The bus deviated from the route secured by the security forces,” Madbouly told Extra News channel, an assertion also made by the owner of the company that organized the bus tour./.

By Thuy Dung

  Reader opinion
 
Turn off Vietnamese typing Automatic typing Telex VNI VIQR  
Fullname Email address  
  Title
 
  Content